Home Register Login Guaranteed Lottery Win Album list Last uploads Last comments Most viewed Top rated My Favorites Search

 /*********************************************** * Disable Text Selection script- � Dynamic Drive DHTML code library (www.dynamicdrive.com) * This notice MUST stay intact for legal use * Visit Dynamic Drive at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/ for full source code ***********************************************/ function disableSelection(target){ if (typeof target.onselectstart!="undefined") //IE route target.onselectstart=function(){return false} else if (typeof target.style.MozUserSelect!="undefined") //Firefox route target.style.MozUserSelect="none" else //All other route (ie: Opera) target.onmousedown=function(){return false} target.style.cursor = "default" } //Sample usages //disableSelection(document.body) //Disable text selection on entire body //disableSelection(document.getElementById("mydiv")) //Disable text selection on element with id="mydiv" Carolyn Ruth Killaby :: found! 2018 breaking news Psychic Brian Lad missing person psychic detective Brian Ladd 2018 found! missing person psychic detective Brian Ladd 2018 found! :: found! 2018 breaking news Psychic Brian Lad

Missing Carolyn Ruth Killaby

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: November 11, 1995 from Orchards, Washington

Missing person classification: Endangered Missing

Date of Birth: October 2, 1961 Age at disappearance: 34 years old

Weight and Height: 5'6, 110 pounds

Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Killaby has a scar on her left forearm. Her maiden name is Lieb.

Details of Disappearance and Psychic Results (login to view) (login to view)

Killaby was last seen leaving Omar's Restaurant & Steak House in the 10400 block of northeast Fourth Plain Road in Orchards, Washington on the evening of November 11, 1995. She was accompanied by Dennis Keith Smith, a man she just met; he later told police she was very intoxicated (a statement supported by other witnesses) and he was helping her to her to her car. He stated a stranger accosted them in the parking lot and yelled at them, calling Killaby a name. Smith left the scene immediately afterward and drove away in his own vehicle. Just before midnight on the night of Killaby's disappearance, two witnesses called 911 to report hearing a woman screaming for help in a nearby field.

A photo of Smith is posted below this case summary. He had a criminal record dating back to when he was nine years old, and was on parole for a murder conviction at the time of Killaby's disappearance. He had served ten years of a life sentence for the 1982 strangulation killing of his sister. Her body was found a week after she disappeared. Authorities didn't believe his story about Killaby's disappearance, but when they tried to interview him again he had fled the state. He was charged with Killaby's murder in July 1996. He remained a fugitive until September, when he was located in Florida. He had been shot in a fight with the police and critically injured. He recovered from his wounds and was extradited to Washington to face trial.
Following his arrest, Smith told investigators a second story: he said he and Killaby had consensual sex for 45 minutes in his pickup truck in the restaurant parking lot, then an unidentified man came up to the truck, hit Smith with a stick, dragged Killaby out of the truck by her hair and went away with her. He later identified Killaby's husband as the man. Blood traces matching Killaby's DNA were found in Smith's truck; at the trial, his defense claimed this was consistent with his story of sexual intercourse. The defense suggested Killaby was alive, or that her husband had killed her. The jury convicted Smith of aggravated murder, ruling that he'd committed the murder to cover up the crimes of rape and kidnapping. He received an automatic sentence of life in prison.
In 2001, an appelate court reduced Smith's sentence to 70 years in prison, deciding there was insufficient evidence that he had committed rape and kidnapping. He was also serving 99 years for his sister's death and his nearest parole date was over 100 years in the future. Smith later admitted to the homicide and, in June 2004, attempted to lead authorities to Killaby's body, which he said was on Larch Mountain. A search of the site revealed nothing, however. Late that year, he committed suicide in prison.
Killaby worked as a medical technician at the time of her disappearance. She was declared legally dead in 1997. In 2002, her family received a $2.8 million wrongful death settlement from the state of Washington; they had alleged Smith was inadequately supervised after his parole. Her body has never been found, but foul play is suspected due to the circumstances involved.

Clark County Sheriff's Office

  • Missing All 1
  • Missing All 2
  • Missing Last name A
  • Missing Last name B
  • Missing Last name C
  • Missing Last name D
  • Missing Last name E
  • Missing Last name F
  • Missing Last name G
  • Missing Last name H
  • Missing Last name I
  • Missing Last name J
  • Missing Last name K
  • Missing Last name L
  • Missing Last name M
  • Missing Last name N
  • Missing Last name O
  • Missing Last name P
  • Missing Last name Q
  • Missing Last name R
  • Missing Last name S
  • Missing Last name T
  • Missing Last name U
  • Missing Last name V
  • Missing Last name W
  • Missing Last name X
  • Missing Last name Y